516-743-26 Mitutoyo Rect Ceramic Gage Block Set, 8pc Grade AS-1
Mitutoyo Rectangle Ceramic Gage Block Set (8 blocks per set)
BLOCKS INCLUDED IN SET:
- 3 Blocks: 5", 6", 7"
- 3 Blocks: 8", 10", 12"
- 2 Blocks: 16", 20"
- Grade AS-1
Mitutoyo's Ceramic Gage Blocks offer a superior surface quality. Originally developed by Mitutoyo's ultra precision machining techniques to solve all of the problems that the steel gage block had.
- Anti-corrosion treatment is not required when handled normally (i.e. with fingers), resulting in simple maintenance and storage.
- No Burrs Caused by Dents, etc.
- Since the CERA Block is very hard, it will not scratch and is highly resistant to burrs. If a burr is formed, it can easily be removed with a ceramic deburring stone (Ceraston).
- Abrasion Resistant
- CERA Blocks have 10 times the abrasion resistance of steel gage blocks.
- Dimensional Stability
- CERA Blocks are free from dimensional change over time.
- The black characters, indicating the nominal length, are inscribed by laser and are clearly visible against the white surface of the block.
- Anti-magnetic Nature Keeps Away Steel Powders
- High wringing force
- An even, dense tissue can maintain a strong wringing force.
- Closest Expansion Coefficient to Steel
- The thermal expansion coefficient of a CERA Block is quite similar to that of a steel gage block.
- Highly Resistant Against Drops and Other Shocks.
- The CERA Block material is one of the toughest ceramics materials. It is extremely difficult to crack under normal use.