WedgeLink Standard Software
WedgeLink is a software wedge that handles communications between a measuring device with a data output and software running on your PC. The WedgeLink software gives you the ability to determine what part of the incoming data you want to capture, and then what software do you want the data to be placed into. Works great with MS Excel!
The WedgeLink software wedge is available in 2 editions: Lite and Standard. Both editions are full featured and the only difference between them is that the Lite edition does not support data parsing except for the addition of a date/time stamp.
When to choose WedgeLink Standard
- If the data format coming from your serial device needs to be modified before sending the data to your target application (i.e., you need data parsing).
- You need to parse your input data packets and you need to add a date/time stamp to your data.
- Many serial devices output extra information such as units (pounds, inches, etc.) and you need to remove the units fields before sending the data to your target application.
WedgeLink Standard features include…
- 5 independent parsing schemes can be created.
- You can specify which input serial port the scheme will be applied to.
- If a packet contains a unique string, WedgeLink can select the parsing scheme to be applied to this packet based on the unique strong.
- Each parsing scheme allows you to do the following:
- Specify a prefix string to add to the beginning of each data packet.
- Specify a suffix string to add to the end of each data packet.
- Add the date and/or time to the data packet.
- Delete unwanted characters or character positions.
- Insert strings before or after specified character positions.
- Discard packets that do not contain the specified match string.
- Replace specified characters with a unique string.
- Math functions for screening high/low values, finding numeric fields, applying equations, etc.
- A packet can be identified by any combination of the following:
- A unique end-of-packet character.
- Number of characters in the packet.
- Gap time between packets.
There are two types of testing built into WedgeLink: Data Parsing (WedgeLink Standard only) and Serial Communications. Often the information coming from your serial device is in a different format than what many customers realize. The testing features we have built into WedgeLink will enable you to get your system up and running in a minimum amount of time.
- Data Parsing testing allows you to simulate the input from your serial device so that you can verify that you have properly set up your data parsing.
- Serial Communications testing allows you to verify the format of the information that is sent from your serial device, and to test the commands that you may need to send to your serial device. ComTestSerial is the serial communications test program included with WedgeLink.
- You can specify up to 100 commands.
- You can specify which serial port(s) are to receive the commands.
- 6 commands can be assigned to the command button on the main WedgeLink window.
- Specify number of times the command will be repeated.
- Specify delays within commands.
This is a software Download license.
- After your purchase you will receive an email directing you to where you can download the software, as well as a license key that will fully unlock the software.